So this is my second presentation at SMX London on “SEO & Social Media Power tools”.
As soon as I started to write what i wanted to do for this presentation it made me think of super powers, so i spent a number of hours of unneeded time on developing my first slide:
On to the presentation
On the panel as said above was:
- Moderator: Christine Churchill, President, KeyRelevance (@keyrelevance)
- Q&A Moderator: Malcolm Graham, CEO, LimeTreeSpeakers:
- Dixon Jones, Marketing Director, Majestic SEO (@Dixon_Jones)
- Michael King, SEO Manager, Publicis Modem
- Aleyda Solis, Global SEO Manager, Forex Club (@aleyda)
- Neil Walker, Founder, SEO MAD Ltd (@theukseo)
My presentation was all about three things:
- Solving problems
- Gathering data
I talked about using tools as:
To look at which links are dead, where they are positioned and which are not indexed by Google to help with diagnosing recent panda issues.
I then talked about how you can use https://brandmentions.com/socialmention/ to find key influences and link prospects. Please find attached excel sheet for those who saw what I spoke about. (Excel sheet inspired from Graham Wilkinson)
Social Mention Excel Sheet.
I talked about Microsoft IIS SEO Tool Kit, i’m so surprised at how many SEO’s do not use this tool (Ok their are alternative such as Screaming frog or XENU) but you can so some really cool stuff such as:
- Find markup errors
- duplciate title
- Find out what your internal links are like.
Two useful posts on the subject can be found here:
This post has been written to go live whilst I present, so I’m sure I’ll come back and clarify some of the information in more detail.
Love to hear people comments, how they’ve used Social Mention or Microsoft SEO tool kit in other ways.